Seasoned freelance writer with background in public relations, marketing and journalism.
M.A. in Communications
B.A. in English
Loyola College of Baltimore
Craft content of all varieties, including website content, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, video scripts and more.
President, Evolve Communications (10/2009 – 08/2016)
Created and managed a boutique PR & marketing firm, specializing in tech, startup and lifestyle clients. Developed and executed PR/marketing strategies on behalf of clients, with services including:
- Message development
- Media outreach
- Content strategy & copywriting
- Social media content development
- Social networking
- Online media relations
- Online brand monitoring
- On-page Search Engine Optimization
- Online advertising management, including media planning, PPC management and banner management
Planit (12/2007 – 10/2009)
Sr. Public Relations Account Executive
Developed and executed strategic public relations programs for a variety of Planit clients.
- Worked with clients to develop public relations goals and build comprehensive, strategic programs to achieve them.
- Executed client’s public relations programs, including developing all PR collateral, conducting media relations, and direct audience engagement
- Worked interdepartmentally to web content strategies, employing search engine optimization best practices and social media tactics.
- Create long-form marketing copy for client collateral.
The Rosen Group (8/2004 – 11/2007)
Created communications department that incorporated marketing, public relations, event planning and web development functions.
- Developed and executed strategic communications plans for national trade shows and publications, incorporating both marketing and public relations strategies.
- Achieved visibility with key audiences through targeted paid and earned media placements, search engine optimization, search engine marketing and direct mail.
- Developed and distributed all print and web collateral for national trade shows.
- Spearheaded development and promotion of online wholesale marketplace.
- Managed a team of marketing and web design and development specialists.
- Cultivated effective vendor relationships to ensure consistent and affordable results.
- Simultaneously managed multiple ongoing web and print marketing projects.
- Pro-actively managed a $200,000+ marketing budget.
Public Relations Manager
- Developed and executed strategic public relations plans.
- Pro-actively developed and managed media relations.
- Administered and promoted two annual awards competitions.
- Increased website traffic during key promotional periods by 50%.
- Developed and managed Wholesale Matters blog (http://buyersmarketblog.typepad.com/).
- Developed and executed special events.
- Developed original PR measurement system.
- Managed online forum for artists and retailers.
- Pro-actively managed a $100,000 budget.
gnovis (1/2002 – 5/2004)
- Managed a team of editors, volunteers and web designers to produce an online peer-reviewed academic journal for graduate students.
- Sought to expand audience outside of Georgetown University.
- Increased monthly website traffic by nearly 50%.Developed and expanded online content to include multi-media projects.
Peer Review Manager
- Actively solicited submissions for publication from students.
- Managed a team of volunteer peer-reviewers.
- Worked to ensure consistent style and quality of published works.
Visa International (3/1996 – 2/2004)
Various positions held, including Customer Service Associate, Customer Information Associate and Online Communications Specialist.
References available upon request.