Download My Resume (with bonus Top 10 Skills!).
Web savvy communications specialist with experience using search engine marketing/optimization, paid and earned media and event planning to achieve strategic organizational goals.
M.A. in Communications
B.A. in English
Loyola College of Baltimore
Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant (10/2009 – Present)
Develop and execute digital marketing strategies on behalf of clients, with services including:
- Message development
- Content strategy
- Digital copywriting
- Social media content development
- Social networking
- Online media relations
- Online brand monitoring
- On-page Search Engine Optimization
- Online advertising management, including media planning, PPC management and banner management
- Web marking training
Planit (12/2007 – 10/2009)
Sr. Public Relations Account Executive
Develop and execute strategic public relations programs for a variety of Planit clients.
- Work with clients to develop public relations goals and build comprehensive, strategic programs to achieve them.
- Execute client’s public relations programs, including developing all PR collateral, conducting media relations, and direct audience engagement
- Work interdepartmentally to web content strategies, employing search engine optimization best practices and social media tactics.
- Occasionally write long-form marketing copy for client collateral.
The Rosen Group (8/2004 – 11/2007)
Created communications department that incorporated marketing, public relations, event planning and web development functions.
- Developed and executed strategic communications plans for national trade shows and publications, incorporating both marketing and public relations strategies.
- Achieved visibility with key audiences through targeted paid and earned media placements, search engine optimization, search engine marketing and direct mail.
- Developed and distributed all print and web collateral for national trade shows.
- Spearheaded development and promotion of online wholesale marketplace.
- Managed a team of marketing and web design and development specialists.
- Cultivated effective vendor relationships to ensure consistent and affordable results.
- Simultaneously managed multiple ongoing web and print marketing projects.
- Pro-actively managed a $200,000+ budget.
Public Relations Manager
- Developed and executed strategic public relations plans.
- Pro-actively developed and managed media relations.
- Administered and promoted two annual awards competitions.
- Increased website traffic during key promotional periods by 50%.
- Developed and managed Wholesale Matters blog (http://buyersmarketblog.typepad.com/).
- Developed and executed special events.
- Developed original PR measurement system.
- Managed online forum for artists and retailers.
- Pro-actively managed a $100,000 budget.
gnovis (1/2002 – 5/2004)
- Managed a team of editors, volunteers and web designers to produce an online peer-reviewed academic journal for graduate students.
- Sought to expand audience outside of Georgetown University.
- Increased monthly website traffic by nearly 50%.Developed and expanded online content to include multi-media projects.
Peer Review Manager
- Actively solicited submissions for publication from students.
- Managed a team of volunteer peer-reviewers.
- Worked to ensure consistent style and quality of published works.
Visa International (3/1996 – 2/2004)
Various positions held, including Customer Service Associate, Customer Information Associate and Online Communications Specialist.
References available upon request.